Tough question. The real thing is quite rare and most people are not likely to ever play through one. But we do have a number of good references: Continue reading »
Electro-Voice Professional Sound Reinforcement Products used to provide Builder’s Plans for a series of speaker cabinets called the “TL Series Low-Frequency Loudspeaker Systems.”
The TL806 was a small ported cabinet designed specifically for the EVM12L: Continue reading »
While browsing my personal RSS feeds at lunch I happened upon a Google Blog Search result where the author was exploring how to choose the correct signal chain for your effects pedals. I wouldn’t have found this blog otherwise, as my searches lean towards gear and tube-based gear in particular. Continue reading »
Frequency response tests were conducted on five speakers which are popular for D-style amps. Each speaker was mounted in a TL806 type cabinet and driven by the clean channel of a 50W non-HRM D-clone amp. In order to minimize tone stack effects and approximate a flat response, the amp tone controls were set to Treble-0; Middle -10; Bass-0. All effects were off. Continue reading »
I just got everything working this morning and overnight the good folk at WordPress.org made a new major release available for download… I’m going for it, now or never, before the blog gets established/populated. Wish this newbie luck! Continue reading »
Sorry for all these off-topic posts… hopefully they’ll get buried in the avalanche of relevant DIY Tube posts to come! But, there have been several frustrations in getting wordpress and the WP link directory working properly on SME Server with ibays and I want to capture the latest epiphany for all the other poor souls out there. Continue reading »
After fighting all evening with getting emails to be sent through my ISP I gave up on the Authenticated SMTP and fell back onto the old SMTP server that my ISP still allows for sending… this is an SME Server configuration problem (nothing related to WordPress this time) and I couldn’t locate any relevant support to help resolve the issue.
At least the core functionality is working, but it seems to me a lot of compromises are being made along the way.